Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You got to show up

Greetings patriots and liberty lovers everywhere. I am finally making the plunge into blogging. Better late than never? Like many, I don't have a lot of time to invest in blogging or on blogtalkradio or in attending tea parties and the like, but I have come to understand that freedom is not free and liberty is not a spectator sport. We can spectate our freedoms being taken away from us daily by the goons on the hill, aka our elected officials on the cesspool by the Potomac.

My hot buttons are in fighting the daily fight with congress in DC and the Georgia statehouse. Politicians are like two year olds: you can not take your eyes off of them for a minute or they will hurt you or themselves, or in our case: our constitutional republic.

We all need to do what we can do. This last presidential election was the first time I ever worked to get a candidate elected and certainly the first time I "max'ed" out in contributions. Of course, my guy was the one described by Judge Andrew Napolitano as the Thomas Jefferson of our time and the champion of the Constitution: Dr. Ron Paul. Likewise, being active and successful in state politics starts by just SHOWING UP.

Will write more later. Gotta hit the road to go see my son.

Semper Fidelis (always faithful)
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment